It’s always good to regularly go through your closet and get rid of clothes you’re not wearing. You can donate items in good shape and make space for the clothes that you love and actually wear on a regular basis. Keeping a packed closet neat and organized can be a challenge, so here are a few basic organizing and housekeeping rules that may help.
- Store sweaters and tops neatly folded on a shelf, basket or inside a drawer. If you struggle with folding, learn how, by watching a video on YouTube.
- Get into the habit of immediately placing your dirty garments into the hamper.
- When you remove a garment from a hanger, move the hanger to the front of the closet and keep empty hangers all in one place.
- If your closet has a standard door, utilize the inside of the door, by hanging an over-the-door shoe organizer or coat rack.
- If you’re short on closet space, purchase closet organizers to help you to stay organized.
- Go through your closet every season and sort, purge, donate and toss! If the seasons remain the same in your area, schedule some time about every 4-6 months to go through your closet to avoid over-accumulation.
Getting dressed in the morning is a lot easier and less stressed when you have an organized closet and can find what you need when you need it!
For more tips like these, register for my free email course and join my Timely Tips newsletter at CastAway the Clutter!
You may also like: