Impress your picnic partners this summer with these two tricks from Martha Stewart. Using a 5-foot square of oil cloth, follow Martha’s instructions for folding an origami-style picnic basket. You’ll have a convenient space to store summer picnic goodies! While you’re at it, whip up a few of these DIY picnic utensil rolls to tuck into your basket. Using a sturdy fabric, fold up the bottom ½” and press with an iron. Make a pocket by folding up the bottom 5 inches (the ½” fold will form the top edge of the pocket). Use a fabric pen and a straightedge to draw vertical lines, making three 1 ½” wide spaces (these will hold eating utensils) and one wider space to hold a folded napkin. Use your sewing machine to sew straight down each line. Sew a length of twill tape to the right-hand edge of the fabric. Insert utensils and a napkin, roll the fabric around them, and use the twill tape to tie the whole roll together. With these utensil rolls and your cute picnic basket, you’re sure to have the most stylish picnic at the park!
Subscribe to my blog updates
- House Cleaning Checklist – Making Time to Clean and Declutter Your Home
- Why You Should Get Organized in 2017
- Organizing your Black Friday shopping trip to save time and money
- Howard County Community Shred Event
- The Clutter Buster Guide to Tidying Up – An Organizing Q&A Seminar
- More Maryland shredding events
Take Back Control of Your Paper!
Jacquie’s Pins on Pinterest
Join Me On Facebook!
View My LinkedIn Profile