Is 2017 going to be your year to finally get organized? Clearing a cluttered room can have a huge impact on a person’s well being. They feel lighter, less stressed and can focus on what’s important. To help you to get started, it’s always good to be reminded of why getting organized can make a difference in your life. The following are just 10 benefits of being organized and living clutter-free – many of which I’ve mentioned before, but at the beginning of a new year, it’s always good to have a gentle reminder:
1. You will save time, freeing up more time to spend with family and friends;
2. You will feel less stressed when you are moving around your clutter-free home;
3. You won’t be in a state of panic when a friend calls to say they’re in the area and would love to stop by;
4. You will feel confident that you can find 99% of the things you use everyday in 1 minute or less;
5. You won’t be running to the store to pick up, yet, another pair of scissors because you can’t find the 3-5 you already own;
6. You will enjoy the peace of mind of knowing that you don’t have to worry about ruining your credit or paying late fees, because all of your bills have been paid on time;
7. You will feel confident when a client or business associate calls and you’re able to retrieve their file or account immediately;
8. You will be able to easily find your seasonal items stored in your attic or basement, when you need them;
9. You will be able to clean your home faster, because you’ll have less stuff to pick up and move around;
10. You will have more energy, clarity and focus.
I could go on and on, but I’m sure you get the picture. Use this list to motivate you to work on any space in your home. Which area you would like to work on in January? Write it down and set an intention, and feel free to share in the comments.